Thursday, November 19, 2009

How many girls can we have in one house???!!!

This week I was able to go to Manila to see the OB and do some shopping.  Jessica had planned to go with me but was sick so I went with Christina, who was also sick.  Then I did much of my shopping alone.  Praise the Lord I was able to get everything done.

Monday I went to see the OB and then for an ultrasound.  The technician was very surprised to here that this was my sixth baby, as are most people.  We joked about having 3 of each boys and girls and then she began the scan.  All looked great with the heart and everything else. 

When it came time to look and see if the baby was a girl or boy, this is what we saw.

Baby Gril November 16 2009 footThe lady chuckled and said, “the baby is sitting on its sex organs!!!”  She again continued to look over everything and tried again to look.  But we saw just the same thing.  She showed me how the baby was curled into a ball but that there was more then enough room for it to stretch out.  So I asked if I could poke around, so I did.  I got some good kicks for that.  She then looked again and finally the legs were spread out and as soon as I looked, I knew what we were we having.  The lady said, “you wanted a boy, right?”  I said, “Yes, but that is a girl, right?”  She said, “Yes!”

Wow, what a shocker that was.  I so thought she was a he!!!  But we laugh as every time Chuck and I would talk about the baby, we would end up saying, “she or her!!!”  So I guess our brains already knew what we were having.

On the bright side it is much cheaper to have another little girl.  We have all our stuff from Sophia still.  So we are thankful.

Don’t misunderstand.  We are not sad at all about another little girl.  We love our girls so very much.  Chuck told the boys that now he doesn’t have to change what he calls them. He still has his big boy and his baby boy!!!  Kyle is not so keen on the baby boy title but I think he likes being the youngest boy.

So thank you for your prayers.  Continue to pray for this little girl as she grows inside me.  I will be half way through the pregnancy on Monday.  Wow, it has gone by so fast.

No comments: