Thursday, November 5, 2009

Are we done yet?

IMG_2796The goal for this last trip into the tribe was to finish up on Christina’s house so we can get moving onto milling the wood for our house next.  But, as it so often goes here, things don’t always go as planned.   Kids get sick, tools break, unexpected visitors come by, etc.  For me, it can be a little frustrating when I’m attempting to accomplish something and it just seems like it’s never going to get done if I don’t stop getting interrupted!  Such was the case this time too.  Then the Lord gently reminded me that HE is really the one in control of our time and nothing comes our way to ‘interrupt’ me unless He allows it.  I was also reminded that it would be foolish to think that it would be all easy, because we are in enemy territory.  IMG_2746Satan doesn’t want the Ga’dang people to hear the message of salvation and getting Christina’s house finished puts us one HUGE step in that direction.  Having her house done allows us as a family to stay in the tribe for much longer periods of time as we continue building the rest of our houses.  Pray for me as I hope to be able to finish next week what I couldn’t last time. 

Having said that, we did get a lot accomplished in the last 3 weeks in the village.  I’m very thankful for Erik’s willingness to be away from his family in order to help me, and for the girls’ being able to lend a hand as they were able to.    IMG_2750We were able to build and install a screen door and all the window screens, and seal up the entire house around where the walls meet the roof.  We also built the upper cabinets for the kitchen, urethaned half the floors and finished up some other little jobs as well.  IMG_2728 IMG_2853

I could not have gotten that much done without their help.

IMG_2829

By Chuck.

No comments: