Friday, April 20, 2012

Jelly Bean-aka JENNA

Our baby girl turned 2 yrs old on Good Friday!  I don’t know where the last 2 yrs have gone to.  Our sweet little girl is now a none-stop-movin’- machine!  (Daddy nicknamed her Jelly Bean after she was born.)

IMG_3903

She loves to run around the house and chase her siblings.  Or run away from them if she has stolen something that belongs to them!  She has mastered the stairs, moving the step stool all over the house to get what she wants and how to sulk when she gets in trouble!  After being told to not play in her cup at the dinner table this week, she decided she would cover her head with her blankie and hide!

101_3520

One of her other antics is to take off her clothes.  It is common to see her with 1 and sometimes 2 arms out of her shirt sleeves, putting the neck around her belly.  Or she will take of her pants and run around the house.  Sometimes she decides she wants different clothes on and proceeds to empty her lower 2 dresser drawers in search of the perfect replacement!

101_3433

With Chuck working 3 days a week, she sure misses her daddy.  When Chuck calls at lunch time, she yells “Daddy, talk Daddy?”  Then she will smile and say hi to daddy on the phone.  She will come running to see him as soon as she hears his voice when he gets home.

DSC05985

But my most favourite thing about Jenna is her cuddles in the morning.  For those of you who know me, I am not an early or easy riser in the morning!  Chuck is always up before me.  Ever since Jenna moved out of room, Chuck would get her up in the morning and bring her to me because she was nursing.  After she stopped nursing she became my alarm clock.  After she is done breakfast she comes in to wake me up and give me cuddles in bed.  Now that she is talking, she comes in saying, “wakie, wakie!”  But she still climbs up and gets under the blankets and cuddles in with me.  I am starting to wonder if this is why I can’t get out of bed in the morning!

101_3187

Jenna brings such joy to our lives every day.  We are so blessed to have her as part of our family.

No comments: