Monday, October 14, 2013

Little Patients

A couple of weeks ago as I was visiting with a friend on the porch I heard a commotion of kids.  I looked up to see a group of boys walking down the trail talking and laughing.  After a second look I noticed that these boys were carrying another boy.  They would walk a bit, stop and put him down, then pick him back up again and keep walking.  I thought they were playing some sort of game.  But moments later these boys were walking up my porch stairs still carrying their friend.  As they walked up the stairs his head was towards the ground as they struggled to get him up!

They soon explained that this young boy, almost 6 years old had cut his toe with a machete!  His mom wasn't home and they thought they should bring him to me to get a bandaid!

My friend and I couldn't stop laughing!  It was so funny and so cute.  The injured boy couldn't stop laughing. He thought it was so funny that his friends would carry him to our house.  And there was some embarrassment going on too!

Of course I got out my "wound cleaning kit" and cleaned up his toe and put a bandaid on it.  He didn't want a Dora bandaid, I wonder why???

Here is a picture of all these boys together as I fixed up his toe!


No comments: