Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sophia

100_5791

How can we not love this sweet girl?!

You would think that after the first 4 kids that we would be well practiced for #5.  Since the day Sophia was born she has kept us hoppin’!  She has a lot of energy and spice in that little body of hers.  Some times that spice is cayenne pepper.  I remember Sophia having her first temper tantrum at just 7 months because she couldn’t have something.  I didn’t know what to do with her.  The others never did that.  At 4 yrs old, that fire still comes out.  Not as often as before but we still see it.  Sometimes we still don’t know what to use to put out that fire either.  But we look to the Lord to help us know what to do with her.

Sophia also came with a whole lot of sugar too!  Several times each day Sophia and I go through our ritual.  First a kiss, then a hug, then a squeeze (just a tight hug with noises) and we end with a tickle.  If we don’t get them in the right order, we have to start all over again.  She tells me every night that she will wake me up in the morning with all 4 of those things.  It sure makes morning a much sweeter thing for me.

God also gave Sophia a great sense of humor.  She loves to laugh especially at Bugs Bunny!  She also laughs at the scary parts of a movie that her siblings are watching!  The best part though is that she makes us laugh.  We laugh so many times a day with this little girl in our house.

Today we began packing up our stuff in our house so we can go on home assignment in just 3 weeks time.  I spent a lot of time going through the girls’ clothes and toys today.  The last thing we needed to do before lunch was decide on which bed time dolls/stuffies, would go to Canada with us.  I lined up Sophia’s 4 dolls and asked her,

“Who’s going to Canada with us?”

Sophia quickly replied while raising her hands, “ME!”

We all started to laugh!  I couldn’t stop.  She just sat there and looked blankly at us wondering what was so funny!  I tried to explain that I wanted her to pick her dolls.  She still didn’t understand what made us laugh so much.

I think this is one story I will remember for a very long time.  I think we can tell that she is very excited to go to Canada!

Please be praying for Sophia and Chuck and I as we raise her. 

No comments: